BT launches the smallest YouView+ box yet
BT has launched a new smaller and sleeker version of its popular YouView+ set-top box.
BT has launched a new smaller and sleeker version of its popular YouView+ set-top box. The design of the new YouView+ box aligns with the rest of the BT devices family including the BT Home Hub 4 and Hub 5. The box has the same distinct style of downlit LEDs to indicate power, record and broadband functions.
Available now the box will be free to new BT TV customers.* The stylish black box is much smaller and sleeker because it does not need a fan. BT has already given some customers the chance to get an early look at the new box and they have commented on the improved speed and responsiveness of the device. The new YouView+ box has a faster start up time and those who took part in an early trial said that navigating the TV Guide and on-demand menus was much smoother.
The new YouView+ set-top box from BT can receive more than 100 TV & 20 radio channels, including Freeview HD**. Viewers can pause and rewind*** live TV and record up to two channels at once. The box has a 500GB hard drive and can store up to 300 hours of SD TV or around 125 hours of HD TV recordings. The box also comes with a new stylish remote control.
Alex Green, director of BT TV, said: "The new YouView+ box from BT has all the functions and features that viewers love about the service, but it’s even better. It’s been a big hit with customers who have already tried it out. They’ve said it is smaller, quieter and faster. The new YouView+ box from BT has been designed in the style of other BT devices, so will look great in any living room.”
YouView+ from BT is available with BT’s TV subscriptions and broadband packages. Many existing customers can upgrade to the new box for £35.
With YouView+ from BT customers can enjoy:
• Video on demand and catch up TV
• 7 day electronic programme guide (EPG)
• Scroll back in the EPG up to 7 days and watch catch up TV via the EPG
• Mini guide (now and next while watching TV)
• Video on demand with BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD, Demand 5, Milkshake, Dave, Now TV, S4C
• Search across all TV and on demand content
• Programme and Series record
• Remote recording via YouView App
• Red button services
• Help menu
• Parental controls/PIN protection
• An improved range of accessibility Features
• Subtitles (English/Welsh/Irish/Gaelic)
• Audio description (English/Welsh/Irish/Gaelic)
• Sign language
• Menu Zoom facility
• Supports plug in keyboards
• High contrast colour scheme settings
• Option to remove mini screen
• BT TV Player for BT TV subscribers
• BT Sport for BT Infinity customers
Notes to editors
* Customers will need to take a BT TV subscription from £5 per month on a minimum 12 month contract. They will also need to pay a £35 activation charge.
** Customers who live in a Freeview area and have a working aerial can receive up to 70 TV and radio channels. BT Infinity customers can receive over 50 Entertainment and Sport Channels
*** For internet channels on YouView this is a skip-back function
• Model Name: DTR-T2100
• Size 23.7 W x 4.3 D x 15.2 H (cm)
• Weight 0.76 kg
• Receives over 100 TV & 20 Radio channels, including Freeview HD
• 500GB hard drive, record up to 300 hours
• Pause and rewind live TV
• Record up 2 channels at once
• Video output resolution: 1080P/1080i/720p/576p/576i
• Dolby Digital Plus
• USB 2.0 x 2 (side and rear panel)
• Low power standby mode (<0.5W)
• Colour: Black