Paul Marshall crowned BT cross bar challenge professional champion
Ulster Fans Given the Chance to Kick the Cross Bar and Win between £1,500 and £3,000 from BT
BT, Official Communications partner of Ulster Rugby, today announced four dates for the BT Cross Bar Challenge which gives fans of Ulster Rugby the chance to kick for the cross bar from the 22 metre line in front of a packed Ravenhill Stadium. Five match day goers will take to the field and try their luck on November 22nd when Ulster face off against Edinburgh.
To launch the initiative members of the Ulster Rugby squad took part in their own BT Cross Bar Challenge with scrum half Paul Marshall striking the cross bar on two out of three attempts to see off Ricky Andrew and
Neil McComb who also hit the cross bar with their first attempts in sudden death. The video can be viewed on Ulster Rugby’s website / YouTube channel.
Fans of Ulster Rugby can apply to take part in the BT Cross Bar Challenge by following Ulster Rugby’s Twitter account (@UlsterRugby) and looking out for the #BTCrossBarChallenge hashtag. Participants will be selected at random in advance of the match.
Gina Kelly, PR, Sponsorship and Events Manager BT Ireland, said:
“The BT Cross Bar Challenge is back by public demand after the success of last year’s events where 20 fans took to the field and Philip Hutchinson from east Belfast walked out of Ravenhill £3,000 richer after holding his nerve in front of a full house and striking the cross bar from the 22. This season we’re giving up to 20 fans the chance to walk away with cash prizes beginning at £1,500, with one fan in with a chance to win a maximum of £3,000 next May. All this, plus they have a once in a lifetime opportunity to take to the pitch on match day.”
• Ulster v Edinburgh 22nd November (£1,500)
• Ulster v Munster 3rd January 2014 (£2,000)
• Ulster v Connacht 11th April 2014 (£2,500)
• Ulster v Leinster 6th May 2014 (£3,000)
BT Crossbar Challenge - Competition Terms & Conditions
1. Entrants need to be over eighteen years of age (to allow for fair competition)
2. Entrants need to be a ticket holder for the schedule match to take advantage of the promotional place (no tickets will be supplied)
3. Kicks will be taken from the 22 metre line
4. To win the crossbar must be struck with a rugby ball kicked off a tee from the 22 metre line
5. Lots will be drawn for the sequence of kicks prior to the competition
6. If one of the participants successfully strikes crossbar with a valid kick the competition ends
7. There will be one kick per person with no practice kicks allowed
8. Participants with medical issues or injuries of any kind may not take part and must disclose any such ailments in advance
9. BT and Ulster Rugby are excluded from, and shall have no liability for, any loss, damage or injury whatsoever or howsoever arising which might occur during participation in this competition or in connection with this competition.
10. BT t-shirts will be supplied but participants will need to bring their own suitable football boots and other necessary clothing to complete the competition
11. All participants must sign an injury disclaimer prior to taking part
12. An independent judge (positioned under the rugby posts) will indicate the result of the kick by raising either a red flag (unsuccessful kick) or a white flag (winning kick)
13. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into thereafter
14. This competition is not open to Ulster Rugby and BT employees, agents, contractors or sub-contractors - or their families
15. By accepting the prize, the winner grants BT the right to use and publish his/her name and picture in such media as BT may choose (including but not limited to the internet) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration
16. People entering the competition will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions