BT offers TV customers six months Amazon Prime Video and rolls out hands-free search with Alexa
- Six-months of Amazon Prime Video now available for new and existing BT TV customers, courtesy of BT
- BT rolling out hands-free search, allowing TV customers to use Alexa voice control to find their favourite TV shows, movies and sport
- BT TV customers will benefit from integrated search and the simplicity of paying for their Prime Video subscription as part of their BT bill
- Prime Video has exclusive rights to 20 Premier League matches in December, including the Merseyside Derby
BT is becoming the only UK TV provider to offer Freeview, premium TV channels and Amazon Prime Video with integrated Alexa search and the convenience of one simple bill and payment. New and existing BT TV customers who recontract can sign up for Amazon Prime Video and enjoy six months of award-winning TV shows, films, and sport at no extra cost courtesy of BT via the Prime Video app on BT TV.
Customers will receive their six months subscription in time for Prime Video’s first Premier League games this December. Prime Video will show two full Premier League rounds consisting of 20 matches, for the very first time this season. Games include Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur, the Merseyside Derby and Leicester City v Manchester City meaning there will now be more than 40 Premier League fixtures being shown live and exclusively across BT Sport and Amazon Prime Video in December and January.
This adds to the world-class line-up on BT Sport of exclusive live Premier League matches, as well as UEFA Champions League and Emirates FA Cup matches, available through December and January.
Customers will also be able to watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, including Amazon Originals such as Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Boys, The Grand Tour, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Carnival Row and Good Omens - all via the Prime Video app on BT TV.
Additionally, BT TV customers will also benefit from the added convenience of using their Amazon Alexa-enabled device (including Amazon Echo and Echo Dot) to search for all their favourite movies, TV and sport for the first time. Customers can link BT TV to their Alexa account by enabling the BT TV skill via the Alexa app.
Pete Oliver, Managing Director of Marketing, BT Consumer, said: “With six months Amazon Prime Video on us offering access to even more Premier League matches, all in one place with integrated search and one simple bill – there’s never been a better time to be on BT TV. Amazon Prime Video also offers great TV and film, so there really is something for everyone this festive season”.
Customers can quickly and easily activate Prime Video via their confirmation e-mail and existing customers can do this within the My BT App. Those signing up will also be able to get access within seconds of signing up or renewing their contracts via any compatible smartphone, tablet, PC or Smart TV.
For further details and full terms and conditions, please see www.bt.com
Notes to editors:
- Six months of Prime Video on BT only available to customers signing up to new Prime Video accounts
- Customers who already have a Prime Video subscription can enjoy integrated Prime Video content in their BT TV via the Prime Video app
- Roll out of the voice control feature to BT TV customers set top boxes starts nationwide from today and runs until mid-December
- Offer subject to change. Amazon Prime Video has a value of £5.99 per month. Amazon Prime Video and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
BT completes 100% onshoring of customer service calls to the UK and Ireland to deliver personal and local customer service
BT Celebrates Human Connections with Launch of New BT Halo Ad Campaign
BT becomes first European network to partner with Google on new Stadia home broadband offers
BT’s purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. It is one of the world’s leading providers of communications services and solutions, serving customers in 180 countries. Its principal activities include the provision of networked IT services globally; local, national and international telecommunications services to its customers for use at home, at work and on the move; broadband, TV and internet products and services; and converged fixed-mobile products and services. BT consists of four customer-facing units: Consumer, Enterprise, Global and Openreach.
For the year ended 31 March 2019, BT Group’s reported revenue was £23,428m with reported profit before taxation of £2,666m.
British Telecommunications plc (BT) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BT Group plc and encompasses virtually all businesses and assets of the BT Group. BT Group plc is listed on the London stock exchange.
For more information, visit www.btplc.com